Sunday, March 8, 2009

Burt the Busy Bee Monkey

I made this guy for my boss, who's baby is now about eight weeks. I'm a little slow in posting. She's named him Burt. He's got the sweetest little fat belly. I love it.


I thought the yellow and black might be obnoxious on his face, but nothing else seemed right. I think he turned out pretty sweet.



The blanket stitch around his face is more consistent than some of my past work, which I love. My smiles seem to be getting more crooked as I go. So far, the results are endearing. I'm hoping they shape up, though, before it starts looking like I have a drinking problem.

I think my signature is starting to look like I enjoy a few too many cocktails.


Oddly enough, Burt is built a lot like me, with long legs and a short torso. Look at him compared to the argyle monkey.


I must have cut the legs funny or something. It's strangely endearing, though. He looks like a little brother, all proud to be with his big sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment