Thursday, January 1, 2009

Welcome!

I started making sock monkeys on accident. I had some extra fabric which I thought would make a good teddy bear for a friend's baby shower. As it turns out, teddy bears are kind of tough to make. I stumbled upon instructions for making sock monkeys and decided to give it a try. The first monkey was a little ugly, but I love him nonetheless. The second one was excellent, and still one of the best I've made.

That second monkey was the start of a trend. Someone at the baby shower wanted one for her kid. I made two more monkeys for a friend at work having twins, and then people at work started asking for them. I like making them and people seem to want them, so I set up an etsy store. www.funnymonkeys.etsy.com

I am getting close to putting some monkeys up for sale on etsy. So far, every monkey I've made has been claimed long before I have a chance to add it to my etsy store. I am close to finishing another monkey, which may or may not be claimed, but I have pre-made a bunch of monkey bodies, so I'm hoping my morning commute becomes a little more productive, and I can get more monkeys made before people request them.

Since etsy only lets me post pictures of things for sale, I created this blog so people can see some of the things I've done in the past. Pictures coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment